Monday, November 19, 2012

You're making me blush!



Oh my gosh! Thanks so much to SHF over at The S Chronicles and Belle at The Life and Times of Belle for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! It really means a lot to know that people are reading my blog and at least kind of appreciate what I'm doing. Having two people nominate me? Well I'm just terribly flattered. 

Rules

If you are nominated, you've been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
Answer the 15 questions the nominator left for you.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award with a link to their blog.
Ask those bloggers 15 questions.


SHF's questions:
1. What are your beauty must-haves?

Moroccan Oil for my hair. Seriously this stuff works miracles. It smooths out hair so well and you only need a little to make dry hair look healthy!

2. If you could go anywhere  for a holiday, where would you go?
I can't pick just one country, so how about a continent?  I would tour around Europe! There are so many historical sites that I want to visit and I want to experience the different cultures! 

3. What's on the top of your Christmas wish list?
This Fossil Watch!

4. Why did you choose to start your blog?

I had been reading blogs for about six months and pseudo-blogging on tumblr for years, but I wanted to start something where I could actually write to share my thoughts and ideas.

5. Name one class you wish you would have had taken or want to take in college/university.
Call me a nerd, but I'm super excited for my multicultural women's studies class next semester! :)

6. What's your favourite way to relax after a busy day?
Catching up on my TV shows while drinking a cold Diet Coke. 

7. Which part of the holiday season are you most looking forward to?
Getting to spend Christmas with my family! Granted, I see them all the time (the perks of living fifteen minutes from my parents) but I'm still excited! 

8. If you could go to any game, which sports team would you see & who would they be playing against?
If we're talking a completely hypothetical situation here, I would love to see my Dawgs in the BCS National Championship :) Start your prayers now folks, it's possible this year but we've got a while to go!


9. What is your favourite quote?
I have so many (obviously) but my absolute favorite is probably this one-

10. Which blog(s) do you make a point of reading every day?
College Prep! It's the first blog I started reading and my favorite.

11. Who would you have lunch with if you could choose absolutely anyone?
If we're going dead or alive, I would choose Oscar Wilde. I think we would be best friends.

12. What's your usual order at Starbucks?
Skinny Vanille Latte with a pump of caramel

13. If you've volunteered before, what was your favourite volunteer experience?
I lead a bunch of high school 4-Hers around UGA for Georgia 4-H's annual Weekend in the Classic City, and that was too much fun! That's probably tied with being a teen leader at Rock Eagle 4-H Camp for two years before I worked there as a counselor. I've actually really enjoyed any volunteering I've done with 4-H!


14. Where do you order stationery from? 
I don't actually own any currently...when I've had to write Thank You notes and such in the past I just got plain cards from Target...

15. iPhone, Android, or Blackberry?
LOVE my iPhone!

Belle's Questions

1. What's your favourite perfume/scent?
Right now I wear Gorgeous by Victoria's Secret. 

2. Christmas or birthdays?
Christmas!

3. What's your favourite fast food/take out to have?

Zaxby's. I could eat it every. single. day.

4. Do you want a tattoo? If so what would you have?

I don't really want one; the thought of something that permanent scares me!

5. What is your favourite band?

Such a hard choice, but I guess I would have to go with The Avett Brothers!

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

See above :)

7. What's your fave Disney movie?

Hercules. Best movie, best soundtrack, best "princess."


8. If you were granted three wishes - what would you wish for?

For enough money to pay my bills every month, to have the ability to Pin something and it shows up in my life, and a way to travel the world!

9. What is the radio station you automatically switch on when you get in the car? 

It's usually a country one!

10. If you could only wear one nail varnish for an entire year what would it be?

Probably a nice nude color like "A Crewed Interest" from Essie!


11. What is your all time favourite book?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, hands down.

12. What is your mantra or a quote you try to live by?



13. Are you an early bird or a night owl?

A Night Owl! Any time before 10 am is too early.

14. If you could live in any era what would it be? (I'd go back to the 80s :P)

I would love to be in college in the 80's or early 90's!

15. Do you re-read books or just read them once?

I love re-reading books!

Now, for the lovely blogs that I nominate-
Christine at A Midwest Collegiate
Kelsey at The Capital Barbie

My questions for these ladies-
1. Who is your biggest inspiration?
2. What is your favorite season and why?
3. How do you eat an oreo?
4. Do you have a Twitter? If so, what is your most recent favorited tweet?
5. If they were to make a movie of your life, who would you like to play yourself?
6. What is your most visited website?
7. What's your favorite class you've ever taken?
8. What is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer print?
9. How do you plan to spend Thanksgiving?
10. What is your can't-miss TV show?
11. What state would you live in if you had to move?
12. What is your most-played song on iTunes?
13. Is your room usually messy or clean?
14. What is your favorite meal?
15. What is the best concert you've ever been to?

Love and hugs,
Blake
"Happiness is only real, when shared." -Into the Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment