Friday, January 25, 2013

An Apology and Friday Five!

I'm sorry my blogging habits have been awful lately. To tell you the truth, I'm rather lacking in inspiration. I guess you would call this a "lifestyle" blog, and my "lifestyle" has been been rather boring lately. All I do is study and prep for camp (I know it seems early, but there's a lot to be done before our training weekends). So I need your help! What do you, my lovely followers, want to see more of?

Because I'm lacking in inspiration, this post is the same as most you see on Fridays: Friday Five!

1. I find out who the counselors in my camp coordinator group are soon! I'm so excited to get to know who I will be working with and leading this summer. We already know who is going to be counselors, but not their jobs and I'm just as anxious to find out as they are!

2. (Goes along with #1) I've been working on their "glitter," which is a pretty, cute letter leadership sends to their counselors to get them excited for summer, filled with glitter! I've been covered in green and silver glitter for about a week and probably won't get rid of it anytime soon. The other day I accidentally Mod Podged some glitter to my fingers.

3. It. is. cold. This southern girl cannot handle below freezing temps and freezing rain. There were about fifteen people in my first class that usually has forty. I'm already looking forward to curling up in my bed with my fleece blanket, hot tea, and Netflix. This has also made me determine that I cannot live anywhere up north. How are y'all dealing with sub-zero weather? I would refuse to leave my bed.

4. Speaking of Netflix, I've been making my way through Doctor Who lately and I am in love. I'm almost done with series four and it's so hard not to keep watching episodes when I should be studying! I definitely recommend it, even if you don't usually like sci-fi.

5. My new favorite study Pandora station is Ray Lamontagne. It is a beautiful, calm station that has played Dave Matthews Band, Mumford and Sons, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Tracy Chapman, and even more wonderful artists.

Happy weekend! Stay warm!

Love and hugs,
Blake
"Every person's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers." -Hans Christian Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment