Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hey Now, Hey Now...

If you just started singing, "This is what dreams are made of," we will get along.

I recently let y'all know that a dream of mine came true. I was asked to be a leadership counselor at the camp I work at. I had a wonderful weekend with the rest of our camping system's leadership team at our "counselor selection" that we helped facilitate. There are so many wonderful applicants and I can't wait to see who is offered a job! At the end of the weekend, we found out what exactly our jobs were, and I was over-joyed to find out that I will be the crafts and "special interest program" coordinator this summer!
Me and the rest of the coordinators!
I'm so beyond excited to start preparing for camp! But this has also made me think of some of my other dreams I'd like to accomplish.

1. Write a book | This has been a dream of mine since I was a small child. Blogging has caused me to rekindle my love for writing, so maybe it isn't such a stretch after all!

2. Travel the world | I have never been out of the country, but I love to experience new things. Experiencing new cultures is definitely on the top of my list.

3. Be a mother | This is a dream I hope to obtain very far in the future. I know without a doubt that I want children of my own and I hope to be at least a fraction of what a wonderful mother my mom has been.

4. Meet my idol, Tina Fey | I've always loved Tina Fey, but after I read her autobiography, Bossypants, she became such an inspiration to me. She is so smart, talented, successful, and still grounded. If you ask me what my wildest dreams are, my answer is to be Tina Fey.

5. Perform on Broadway | This is the most far-fetched of my dreams, but it is something I've wanted to do since I discovered my love for musical theater. For now I'll have to settle with singing karaoke and pretending :)

What are your dreams?

Love and hugs,
Blake

"The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

  1. What's really weird is that I was listening to the Lizzie Mcguire soundtrack in the car today, so as soon as I saw the title of this post, I started singing in my head.

    Congratulations on becoming a leadership counsellor! I look forward to reading more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being a leadership counselor would be a really fun and rewarding job! Congratulations!
    And I have 3 of the same dreams as you, write, travel, and be a wife and mother! sounds perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love your blog! I'm a GA college student too :) now following!

    ReplyDelete