Thursday, October 25, 2012

I just can't contain my excitement!

Right now I'm sitting in class, anxiously awaiting this afternoon when I will be on my way to St. Simons Island for Georgia-Florida weekend! The only things standing in my way are two classes and and an Educational Psychology test (NOT looking forward to that). But then, at three, I'll be headed down south for a weekend on the beach! I am so excited. This will be my first time going, and for those of you not quite in this culture, it's a BIG deal. I take for granted that not everyone grew up in Athens where everything is planned around the Georgia-Florida game. After all, UGA's fall break is basically just for this game.
I'm currently in a class on 300, and I'd estimate that there's about half of that in here today. UGA students are making their way down to St. Simons Island for the pre-game celebrations: Frat Beach. While I've never been, I've seen pictures. The beach is absolutely packed and can get a little crazy. Then, on Saturday, everyone heads over to Jacksonville, Florida (the neutral playing territory) to tailgate and maybe go to the game- if you can find a ticket! This weekend though, I'm just staying in St. Simons and watching the game on TV :)
I'm so happy that I finally get to experience this Georgia tradition that I've heard about for so long. If any of my readers are headed that way as well- be safe and have fun! And GOOOO DAWGS! SIC EM!

Love and hugs,
Blake
"Live a little; love a lot" -Kenny Chesney 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Good luck on your test and have a fantastic weekend!

    Charlee Anne
    www.thepreppygraduate.com

    ReplyDelete