Friday, September 7, 2012

This means I'm pretty much famous now, right?

First off, I'm so sorry for the lack of posts this week. I had a Weather and Climate test this morning (gross) and I've been focused on that all week. But stay tuned because soon I'll be sharing some excerpts from my study playlist!

But I got some exciting news today....drumroll please.... I won Liebster award for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (I have way less so I'm quite qualified!) from Ali over at Monogrammed Scrubs and Strings of Pearls. It's official, I'm now slapping "runs an award-winning blog" on my resume.

"The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
The rules for this award are:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 Things You Don't Know About Me
1. Right now I'm watching Criminal Minds, one of my favorite shows. For a while I thought I wanted to be a criminal behavior analyst because of this show.

2. The reason I realized I couldn't be a criminal behavior analyst? I'm a very empathetic person. If one of my friends has a problem I sympathy stress so much. This is why I try to surround myself with only positivity and optimistic people. Negativity affects me too much and is completely unproductive. 
3. I love to sing and wish I still had an outlet to do so. I did Show Choir all through high school and I absolutely loved it.
Gotta love mid-show singing facials. Check out those good looking blue sparkly dresses.
4. Crafting is my thing. I love to paint and create things. My crafting supplies are getting out of control right now and I seriously need a better way to organize them.
5. I've worked as a summer camp counselor the past two summers and it's absolutely changed my life. I taught crafts and Native American Lore (we painted faces, made bracelets, and played Native games) my first summer and sailing my second summer. I would give anything to be back on the lake teaching sailing one more time because it was the absolute best. Because of camp I've met some of my best friends and realized that I want to work with kids for the rest of my life.
SAILING CLASS!
My camp family! (It's a Native American themed camp- hence the outfits)
6. I go to Trivia Night at a local pizza place with some of my friends every Wednesday and it's one of the highlights of my week.
7. If I could eat Zaxby's for every meal and not get fat or go broke, I would.

8. My biggest celebrity crush is Justin Timberlake and has been since his NSYNC days. His marriage crushed me. Jessica you are a lucky woman.
Hello beautiful. 
9. I love musical theater and the soundtracks from musicals. My favorite of all time is RENT and my current favorite soundtrack fluctuates between Aida and the Hair new Broadway cast recording.
10. People watching is one of my favorite things. UGA for sure provides for some interesting times.
11. I think I have a legitimate addiction to Diet Coke.

Questions from Ali
1. Where do you go to school? What are you studying?
I go to UGA and I'm majoring in English Education!
2. What is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer print?
Such a difficult choice... but I'd have to go with You Gotta Regatta!
(I also just discovered that if you google "Lilly Pulitzer You Gotta Regatta my fashion tumbr is on the first page of results...what?)
3. Who is your favorite person?
This is so cheesey- but probably my mom. She's an inspiration and my best friend!
Isn't she beautiful?
4. Best ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip, hands down.
5. Favorite song at the moment?
Let it be Me- Ray LaMontagne
6. If I met you I would learn...
I'm hilarious and witty :) haha just kidding- You'd probably learn that I'm a little strange but lots of fun!
7. The best thing my _____ cooks is?
My roommate cooks some AWESOME enchiladas!

8. Worst hair cut/color/styling experience
I cried after I got my hair done for Senior Prom I cried because I wanted a pretty slightly to the side bun and it was all flat against my head and I thought I looked bald. Thankfully my mom fixed it!
How it ended up looking! :)
9. Favorite online boutique/store (spill!)
RED DRESS BOUTIQUE

10. Best Starbucks drink? (feel free to go seasonal on me)
Either a caramel macchiato if I feel like splurging or a skinny vanilla latte with a pump of caramel usually!
11. I love Ali/her blog because...
She blogs about the cutest stuff, always comments on my posts and is so nice!

Congratulations to....

My 11 Questions
1. What's your favorite color to wear?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
3. Why did you start your blog and how long have you had it?
4. What are your goals for the next year?
5. What is your favorite season and why?
6. If you were given a ten-thousand dollar shopping spree, where would you use it?
7. If they were to make a movie of your life, who would you want to play yourself?
8. If you have a Twitter, what's your most recent favorited tweet and why?
9. What's your favorite memory?
10. If you could have any exotic animal for a pet, what would it be?
11. How do you eat an oreo?

(Congrats if you got to the end of this post...it's a long one!)

Love and hugs,
Blake
"Be in love with your life. Every detail of it." -Jack Kerouac

1 comment:

  1. I just now saw this! :) Thank you! I can't wait to blog about this tomorrow and answer all the questions. Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete